OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
nurse

Black Country Nurse Isolating in Caravan for 9 Months Moves Back Home

A Black Country nurse has lived in a caravan on the drive for nine months to help protect her mum from COVID-19, but now she’s home she says she feels like she’s ‘won the lottery.’

nurse
Credit @ Sarah Link

Sarah Link and hubby Gary, who live with Sarah’s mum, brought the caravan for £600 when the pandemic first hit to allow them to keep her mum safe whilst Sarah continued to work as a nurse at Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Speaking about the emotional rollercoaster that’s been the last 12 months, Sarah said:

I’d do it again tomorrow. I would do it every time. I would have done anything to protect mum.

nurse
Credit @ Sarah Link

Sarah and Gary finally moved back home for Christmas after her mum recieved her vaccine.

Sarah continued:

We were thinking it would be four weeks, 12 weeks max, then the summer came and went and nine months later we were still there. It was incredible, I just can’t believe we did it.

nurse
Credit @ Sarah Link

Although they’re now back living together as a family, Sarah said she still hasn’t hugged her mum since March as they were continuing to be cautious to keep her safe.

Speaking about spending Christmas at home, Sarah said it was ‘magical’:

We all cried when it turned midnight, that year we’d all had. It was like winning the lottery, waking up in a proper bed.

nurse
Credit @ Sarah Link

I think we all did Sarah. What a year 2020 was!

Well if that doesn’t warm your soul, I don’t know what will.

Well done Sarah and Gary!

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.