OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog

Spies in Disguise; MI5 Reveals Funny Letters From Wannabe Spy Kids

London based security service, MI5, has taken to Instagram to reveal letters it has received from wanna be spy kids and they’re hilarious!

One wannabe James Bond wrote, “I’m a child so no-one would suspect.”

Another added, “I may be small and young but I fit into really tiny places and I run fast.”

Sadly, these aspiring spooks will have to wait until they reach the age of 18 if they want to work at MI5, but with a host of job, internship and apprenticeship opportunities for school leavers, the agency says it’s never too early to start brushing up your skills.

Think you have got what it takes to be an MI5 agent?

If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of the next generation of MI5, visit the new #MYMI5SION area on their website to embark on three interactive missions that will test your knowledge, problem-solving and judgement.

According to their Instagram, the challenge has been designed to test if people have the ‘skills that real MI5 officers use every day to keep the country safe,’ and ‘all generations of potential spies are of course welcome to join in.’

Since when has MI5 been on Instagram?

On 22nd April 2021, MI5 stepped out of the shadows and joined Instagram with the aim of lifting the lid on what it’s really like to work at the service.

As well as busting popular myths about its work, it will also work to explain the world of intelligence, promote career opportunities, and bring to life events in MI5’s 112-year past on its new public platform. Followers can also expect interactive content, including the opportunity to engage in Q&A sessions.

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.