OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog

Meet the Primary School Bears Helping to Keep Kids Company in Lockdown

One primary school in Newcastle upon Tyne has come up with a ‘beary’ exciting way to help its kids feel less isolated during lockdown 3.0.

Burnopfield Primary School has introduced hundreds of Buddy the Burnopfield Bears to its intake and will be distributing one to every pupil who attends the school in a bid to keep kids company and help them feel apart of something.

kids

On the school’s social media accounts, children and parents can check out what the Buddy’s have been up to at school too.

Today one of the Buddy’s has been helping Head Teacher, Mr Brunton with some admin work in the office.

What a ‘pawsome’ way to help keep pupils engaged and feel like their still part of the school community.

Before we go, we’ve got another super simple idea to help keep your kids connected with those who matter most whilst in lockdown – and it doesn’t involve technology.

Friends & Family I Can’t See = Mini Me

Living in lockdown is hard! Sooooo hard. Not least for our children, who’re missing out on seeing friends and family. So, to help them feel more connected with those who matter most, why not create mini me’s – little laminated cut-outs of people who you can’t be with at the moment to add into play.

kids

All you need is some photos of loved ones, carboard and a laminator. Simple.

First, grab a photo of the person you’re going to make mini and cut around their outline. Laminate it and stick some carboard to the back to help it stand up. Done.

Note – if you don’t have a laminator, you can use Sellotape to help protect your photo instead!

Creating ‘mini me’s’ helps to support children’s emotional well-being and self-expression. Some children may not be able to express how they feel right now – in this activity, they can act it out with their ‘mini-me’ during role-play or talk to the person they have printed out.

It is also a way for your child to open up to you. You could explore your family tree or talk about what these people mean to you.

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.