OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
Coronation Street

Coronation Street; Will Mellor Moves to Weatherfield

Our very own Will Mellor will make his debut on the Coronation Street cobbles next month and we couldn’t be more excited!

Coronation Street

Manchester-born Will has had a glittering career so far and made a name for himself with shows such as Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Line of Duty, Broadchurch and Hollyoaks, but his new role in Corrie is “the first out and out baddie” he’s ever played.

Will will arrive in Weatherfield next month as drug lord Harvey and will be embroiled in all sorts of nefarious situations involving Leanne Battersby and her son Simon.

Still grieving from the loss of her child, Oliver, Leanne will battle to save Simon from the clutches of Will’s evil drug gang, where he’s recruited by Jacob, who’s been on screen in recent weeks.

Harvey (played by Will) is Jacob’s boss and after Jacob has lured Simon in, it’s Harvey who takes over and threatens Simon when he wants out.

Coronation Street

Leanne’s fierce maternal instinct to protect Simon is what will throw her into the orbit of villainous Harvey.

Although we don’t know how the storyline will develop after that, ITV has said:

It soon becomes clear that Leanne and Simon are in way too deep and a menacing Harvey has no intention of letting them out of his grasp.   

We’re not the only one’s who’re excited…

Talking about joining the iconic ITV soap, Will said:

When I started acting 32 years ago it was my mum’s dream for me to be in Corrie, so I’m happy to finally be able to make it come true. It’s a Manchester institution and as a Manchester actor, this is definitely a box ticked

Producer Iain MacLeod added:

I am so excited to welcome Will into our world. He is a fantastic actor who has thrown himself, heart and soul, into making his character as terrifyingly real as possible. He will have a massive impact on our characters’ lives, from the moment he swaggers menacingly onto the screen.

As well as joining the cobbles, Will has also been busy working alongside The Viral Group to produce season 2 of Two Pints with Will & Ralf.

Episode 1 aired, which exclusively on The Viral Group on Saturday 6th February featured the hilarious Jason Manford as this week’s celeb guest. Check it out.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.