OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
Sex and the City

Sex and the City is Coming Back With a New Series

Hit American rom-com drama, Sex and the City is set to make a come back this summer but things will be a little bit different this time…

It’s no secret that Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall aren’t exactly friends and with SJP exec producing the new HBO Max series, Cattrall has been well and truly ‘cast out.’

SJP has insisted that Cattrall won’t be recast, which begs the question – how does the show intend to write her out?

Sex and the City

The new chapter in the series is titled “And Just Like That…” and will star Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis.

The 10 new 30 minuet episodes will see Carrie Bradshaw (Parker), Charlotte York (Davis) and Miranda Hobbes (Nixon) navigate love and friendship in their 50s and production is set to begin in New York City in late spring.

The three remaining cast members all shared the highly anticipated news on Instagram on Sunday with a teaser video for fans.

The story continues…

In a statement Sarah Aubrey, head of original content at HBO Max said:

I grew up with these characters, and I can’t wait to see how their story has evolved in this new chapter, with the honesty, poignancy, humour and the beloved city that has always defined them

Sex and the City was created by Darren Star for HBO and is an adaptation of Candace Bushnell’s 1997 book.

The hit series first premiered in 1998 (christ I feel old!) and concluded in 2004. Despite having its fair share of criticism, over the years the cult classic has scooped several accolades including 7 Emmy’s, 8 Golden Globes and 3 Screen Actors Guild Awards.

So, with all that in mind, how do YOU think they’ll write Samantha out of the series?

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.