OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
rent a goat

Is your grass overgrown? Rent a Goat to the Rescue!

Yes, you did read the headline right – you can REALLY rent a goat for your garden!

Are weeds taking over? Is your grass overgrown? Or maybe you just cannot be bothered to bust out the mower. Well, one West Sussex farm might just have the all of the answers to your problems – they’re offering a super cute, eco-friendly way to maintain your lawn – introducing rent a goat!

For just £10ph, Crimsham Farm will deliver you a super duper cute baby Boer goat to tend to your geraniums, or to entertain the kids or just for you! I mean, I don’t think I would personally be able to leave he/she alone for long enough for it to actually clear any of my garden!

rent a goat

Crimsham Farm says that its goats are friendly, tame, easy to handle and LOVE human interaction and did we mention that they’re SOOOOO CUTE!!!

Like many farms across the UK, Brexit and the pandemic has meant that they’ve been forced to find alternative ways to keep the cash rolling in. Most have set up farm shops and some are even offering local food delivery services, but not these guys. Nope. They had far more inventive ideas.

The Bognor Regis based CIC began offering it’s rent a goat service back in the autumn of 2020 and the novel initiative has proven to be extremely popular. Although we should add that due to the current restrictions, its rent a goat service is currently suspended, so you might just have to wait until the summer (hopefully) to get your hands on one of these guys.

rent a goat
Buster and his ladies living the post-Christmas dream devouring one of the farms natural trees! Look at that face!!!

And that’s not all, Crimsham’s story is equally as inspired.

Crimsham Farm is a community farming project, spearheaded and run by Veterans of the Armed Forces and young adults with learning difficulties. The Farm also acts as an alternative education provision, providing a space away from school for students who struggle to fit with the models of mainstream education and as a therapeutic centre for students with Special Educational Needs.

By 2021 we will be host to a Veterans RV where members of the Armed Forces can come for mental health assistance, support groups, drop-in centres, breakfast clubs and general information and signposting to help with everyday life.

With a passion for the outdoors, education and needs, Crimsham Farm is pioneering the way forward in positive therapeutic interactions in a safe and disabled-friendly environment, providing a space that cannot be found anywhere else in Sussex in which the local community no matter the cause, can come and join in the fun, whether that’s through reduction of social isolation, inclusion in activities or just somewhere to come for a cuppa and a chat, it can be found here on the farm any time of the day, any time of the year!

N’awww isn’t that just b e a u t i f u l?! Check them out, stay tuned as to what they’re up to on social.

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.