There’s a reason people say that truth is stranger than fiction. Just when you think you’re too jaded and you know it all, people and things can surprise you in delightful ways.
Here are some of the world’s weirdest facts that will blow your mind!:
- Sloths can hold their breath for longer than dolphins can. They can also die of starvation with a full stomach!
- Door knobs that are made from brass can self- disinfect in about 8 hours. Copper too. Handy in COVID times.
- A Tapir penis is not only very large relative to its body, but its also prehensile, which means it can grip and grab. Eww.
- Wombats poo cubes then use the dung cubes to build little walls.
- The noises the raptors made in the movie, Jurassic Park, were actually that of Turtles having sexy time.
- When male honey bees orgasm, their penises explode with a “pop!” audible to human ears.
- There are more ways to shuffle a deck of cards than there are atoms on Earth.
- Coconuts kill 103 on average people a year.
- Volkswagen makes currywursts and it has its own Original Part number. #199 398 500 A. What’s more, they actually manufacture more sausages than they do cars.
- The weight of all ants on the planet is equal to the weight of all humans on the planet.
- Most of the camels of Saudi Arabia are imported from Australia.
- Hippopotamus sweat is pink.
- Pigs can’t look up at the sky.
- The man who invented the match.com website lost his wife to a man she met…on match.com.
- Woodpeckers tongues wrap around their brain to cushion them from a concussion when they peck against tree trunks.
- The number 4 is the only number to have the same amount of letters as its numerical value.
- Fredric Baur, the inventor of the Pringles can, is buried in one.
- We don’t really know who the inventor of the fire hydrant is, because the patent was destroyed…….in a fire. How ironic.
- Turtles can breathe from their bums.
- Pope Francis used to work as a nightclub bouncer in Argentina.
- Otters have an armpit pocket where they keep their favourite rock.
- Your earlobes are directly in line with your nipples.
- The dot in ” i ” is called tittle.
- Lobsters pee from their face.
- Sharks have been around longer than trees.
So, there you have it. 25 of the world’s weirdest facts – that’ll give you something to talk about at the pub.
Happy Friday folks.
To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.