OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
Will Mellor and Ralf Little Podcast Blog Header

Two Pints Podcast: Will Mellor opens up to Ralf Little about losing his dad ahead of Father’s Day

For nearly 10 years, Will Mellor and Ralf Little were the voice of a generation – notorious for pushing the boundaries of acceptable humour on British TV. After multiple failed attempts to reunite them, the boys are back and the latest episode (5) of Two Pints with Will & Ralf is set to be the best yet. 

In the latest episode, which is available to watch on Facebook and YouTube from 20th June and listen to via podcast from 16th June, Will bravely opens up to Ralf about losing his dad during lockdown. Recalling the last time he saw his dad Will said, “he sat in a chair outside the back door and I sat up the garden and I didn’t hug him because of the coronavirus thing and he passed away without me doing that. He actually said to me “if I got hold of you I wouldn’t be able to let go”. That was one of the last things he said to me and it absolutely killed me.” 

The personal and emotive subjects discussed by the pair are bound to strike a chord with many people across the country right now, but, that’s not to say that the latest episode isn’t still brimming with Will and Ralf’s trademark wit and banter. As well as discussing the difficulties Will’s faced since losing his dad so suddenly, Will and Ralf also chat about their favourite documentaries and boxsets, laugh about shouting profanities at pro-footballers, reminisce about childhood memories and discuss how they’re coping in general during lockdown.  

Towards the end of the hour-long episode Will said, “Sorry it’s been a bit darker this, but I can’t help it, we have to talk when we gotta talk about things and I know some people out there might be going through similar situations.” Ralf added, “we should mention that we’re ambassadors of mental health charity, The Kaleidoscope Plus Group, their whole thing is to provide support for people that feel they need it.” 

Episode 5 is the latest in the series of Two Pints with Will and Ralf and will be available to listen to on Acast, Spotify and iTunes on Tuesday 16th June. Fans can also watch the episode exclusively via The Viral Group’s Facebook page and YouTube channel from Saturday 20th June at 8:30pm.  

Two Pints with Will and Ralf has been produced by Ralf & Will, along with their old friends at Formidable Media Ltd & The Viral Group

To view more of our interesting, funny or local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.