OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
Natalia Taylor posing in IKEA pretending she is in Bali

YouTuber pranked fans with a fake trip to Bali by taking photos in IKEA

A vlogger on YouTube has released a video detailing how she faked a holiday to Bali, by posting photos on Instagram that she took in IKEA.

Bali is a luxury destination that many of us could only dream of going to. I mean, who wouldn’t want to vacate in a remote paradise, carpeted in jungle, in the sparkling Indian Ocean?

As a destination, it’s become increasingly popular in recent years – especially with Instagram stars, fleeing to create dream-worthy content for their feeds. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been bombarded with a photo from the likes of Sarah Ashcroft, living her best life in Bali. I’m obviously jealous… but why should I be, when it’s apparently so easy to fake the trip of a lifetime?!

Natalia Taylor, a YouTuber from the US, proved how easy it was to show not all is as it seems on social media, after she shared images with her 320k followers, claiming to be in Bali when in reality, she was just taking a trip to IKEA.

Yes, you heard that right… Natalia posed with in-situ displays in IKEA, pretending she was living the dream, in some swanky hotel in Bali.

Her first photo captioned “The queen has arrived #bali” and received thousands of likes and comments, with many falling for the prank! (Despite leaving a few clues such as IKEA price tags.)

Her fans commented:

“I’m in Bali too!!!”

“Bali babyyyy”

“She really out here living her best life”

Speaking in her video, Natalia said: “No one even knew. That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I got away with it… I think this video has a lesson, don’t trust everything you see on the internet. Sometimes people want to lie about who they are as a person and it’s not hard to do apparently.”

Watch the full video below. 👇

Like what you hear from us? Check out more of our funny, local and interesting articles by clicking here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.