We’ve always been passionate supporters of small, independent businesses, but in 2020, it’s more important than ever to vote with your £££ and make informed choices that will help keep the nation’s incredible small businesses afloat. That’s why we’ll be putting together a weekly Christmas gift guide – to show you just how awesome our small, independent businesses are.
Not only does a purchase from a small, independent business guarantee gifts that are made with oodles of love and dedication, it also means the lucky recipient will no doubt reap the benefits of a one-of-a-kind, special present.
From art to fashion, skin-care to soft furnishings and foodie to personalised perfection, the power of social media means you won’t be short of small, independent businesses to support during the run-up to Christmas and beyond. The offerings are so good that we may have accidentally been hitting ‘add to cart’ whilst putting together these lists of gift-worthy picks!
So, this year, let’s try to leave the high street behind and look to one of the incredible small businesses making fun, quirky and artisanal products that will make great gifts for your loved ones.
From pretty peg dolls to a cuddle in a candle, we’ll be presenting weekly rundowns featuring some of the best gifts that the UK’s small businesses have to offer.
- Original peg doll creations by Gabe & Penny
2. Ragazza offers high-quality women’s clothing & accessories, which are all hand-selected from British brands, UK based suppliers who work with Italian brands & small hand makers in the UK. Ragazza endeavour to offer styles that are produced in natural materials such as silk, viscose, wool, cotton & linens where possible so that their garments are both comfortable to wear & kind to the earth.
3. The Watering Can is a small rustic plant and gift shop in the beautiful village of Coltishall, Norwich. They stock a fantastic selection of gifts to suit even the most awkward recipient…we particularly enjoyed the sign…
4. Soaps and Spills is a Hertfordshire based, family-run, organic, eco-friendly Soaps & Candlemaker. All ingredients are carefully selected to be organic, cruelty-free and natural…they smell fantastic too!
5. La Vie ZoEm design and craft handmade jewellery from their workshop in Baxenden, Lancashire.
6. Ruby’s Memories craft beautiful keepsake Bears and items made from loved one’s clothing or baby clothes. Cuuuute!
Do you have a story to share or would like to get involved in our We Will Make Christmas Campaign? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve shopped small this year and would like to recommend a small business to be included in our gift guides, DM us at The Viral Group.
To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.