OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
Before and after picture of Sharon Osbourne's red hair and grey hair

Grey hair, don’t care. Glamorous Grey takes the media by storm!

Grey locks are taking over the hair industry, with many celebrities ditching the hair dye to go back to their natural roots, including the well-known Sharon Osbourne.

If there are two things Sharon Osbourne is best known for, it’s being the wife of the loudmouth, Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne, and of course, her bold red barnet. At risk of losing her ‘brand’, Sharon has decided to ditch her loud red locks and has opted for a stunning yet classy grey hair do.

Picture of Ozzy Osbourne with his arm around Sharon Osbourne
Credit: Getty Images

It’s underwhelming how little grey hair we see on primetime television – on women at least. Think about it: Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid, Karren Brady and Alan Sugar. This begs the question, do female presenters feel the need to banish every grey hair in sight, in order to stay ‘relevant’ on our television screens?

Most people feel the need to dye their hair religiously in order to maintain their youthful looks. If you were to name the first signs of aging, you’d probably say “dull skin, wrinkles and, of course, grey hair”. Although aging is a part of life that we should embrace, most of us are terrified of how we will look, and more importantly what others will think. But why? Helen Mirren absolutely rocks the silver look and let’s be honest, you’d save a tonne on hairdressing funds.

Let’s face it, who has time to spend 2-4 hours every 3 weeks in the hairdressers, anyway? Sharon Osbourne stated “I was just so fed up with going and having it dyed, and I just was like, I can’t do this anymore. I’m like, why am I trying to do something or be something that I’m not? So, just be who you are.”

People who’ve decided to go grey are helping to break down the stigma attached to it. Showing others, it’s not just about your age, it’s about your self-love and self-esteem. Because greying can happen to you at any given time and any age, and you should embrace it and be proud to show off those grey locks.

Become your very own ice queen, be bold.

Like what you hear from us? Check out more of our funny, local and interesting articles by clicking here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.