OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog

Loch Ness Monster Caught on Camera for the Fourth Time This Year

The legend of the Loch Ness Monster has captured people’s imaginations for decades and after four sightings already this year, the mystery doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Nessie enthusiast Eoin O’Faodhagain was the fourth person this year to officially sight the creature after spotting two ‘black humps’ moving in the water.

O’Faodhagain says he saw the shapes, which were roughly 10 feet apart in Loch Ness last Friday.

Speaking about the incident the 56-year-old Irish health worker said he saw the creature “rising up and down” near Urquhart Castle, which is where sightings of the monster are at their most prevalent.

As well as his incredible story, the man from Donegal managed to capture the strange movements via a Loch Ness webcam.

Shocked by what he was seeing, Eoin immediately sent the video of the two large breaks in the water to the Official Loch Ness Monster Sighting Register who then registered it as an official sighting.

Eoin said: “While watching the webcam in the late afternoon, my attention was attracted to a disturbance in the water in the middle of the lake.

“A black shape broke the surface with a wake. It was moving slowly but was causing a lot of water agitation around it.

“Two black hump-like shapes seemed to be popping up and down as it cut through the surface of the Loch. “The object is viewed for 1 minute 41 seconds, after this it just disappeared.

“There was no boat activity on the lake at the time of the sighting.”

He continued: “On my very first visit I had a sighting of a large mottled brown hump near Invermoriston in July 1987.

“That sighting only intrigued me further into the Loch Ness Monster. I have now captured 12 sightings to date in the last four years.”

There were 13 confirmed sightings of the Nessie in 2020, including one which used ground-breaking sonar and camera equipment to capture footage of the beast.

Research carried out in 2018 revealed that the creature of the deep is worth a whopping £41 million a year to the Scottish economy, which is probably why so many people are keen to see stories of the deep continue to captivate our imaginations.

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.