OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
kids

Hump Day Activities for the Kids

It’s day 10 of lockdown 3.0 and you’re probably climbing the walls, especially if you have little ones to entertain. So, if you feel like you’re living the movie, Groundhog Day, we have some super simple hump day activities for you and the kids, which will hopefully give you all something new to try out.

Ice Bowling

Ice Bowling is one of my favourite DIY games to play with the kids – whether they’re 5 or 15, they’ll really enjoy getting involved with this one. All you need is some balloons, a freezer and some food colouring (optional). Simply fill your balloons with water (from a tap, obvs), add a couple of drops of food colouring and freeze overnight. In the morning, take your frozen balloons out of the freezer, peel off the latex and you’re nearly ready to play. Grab some empty plastic bottles fill them with water and voila! You’re all set. Try it and strike it!

Monster Tunnel

Sticking with the ball theme, this is a great way to make use of those Christmas boxes that are still in the garage. To create your monster tunnel, cut different size holes in the side and decorate them to look like monsters, or whatever you like. Give each monster mouth a number and make a score sheet for each player. That’s it – you’re ready to play. Simply grab yourself some balls and get rollin’ rollin’ rollin’!

activity kids

#ArtisticDogChallenge

This is a great way to entertain both your child(ren) and your canine companion. All you’ll need is a bag, a canvas, some paints, dog friendly pate/soft cheese and lots and lots of patience! First things first, grab your child(ren) and ask them to blob the paints onto the canvas, when the picture resembles a 3D Jackson Pollock, pop it in a bag, seal it shut and smear it with your chosen doggy treat. Then hand the tasty creation over to your pooch and let him/her work their magic. Once they’ve played around with the package for a few minutes, carefully unveil your masterpiece and tah dah! An artwork to be proud of. Images and idea courtesy of Martine Smith.

Balloon Tennis

You know those balloons I told you to buy earlier? Well, I have another use for the leftovers – balloon tennis. Blow em up, grab a fly swatter each and away you go! Serena Williams ‘eat your heart out’!

Get Grooving with Glow Sticks

This is an oldie, but goodie and I promise it will bring you just as much joy as the kids! All you need is some music and a handful of glow sticks per participant. Simply tape the glow sticks to your child, turn down the lights, turn up the tunes and get movin’!

activity kids

Re-create the Theme Park

I don’t know about you, but me and the kids are really missing our days out, especially theme parks. Now, this activity probably won’t buy you all that much time, but it’s fun and I guarantee it will be a lockdown memory that the kids will treasure forever. Grab a washing basket, a child and position yourselves in front of the TV. Insert said child into the washing basket and find a front-row video of someone riding a roller coaster. That’s literally all there is to it! Oooo I can feel the wind in my hair right now.

And if all else fails? We have the perfect ‘breakfast of champions’ recipe to get you all through these tough times….

activity kids

To view more of our interesting, funny and local articles – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.