OUR COMMUNITY

The Viral Group Blog The Viral Group Blog
eat out to help out blog scheme and chancellor Rishi Sunak

Eat Out to Help Out: How Brits can get 50% off their food bill under the Government’s new voucher scheme

Food lovers will soon be able to dine out for less as Rishi Sunak’s Summer Statement promised discounts to kickstart Britain’s economy and “get customers back into restaurants, cafés and pubs.” with the new government-backed scheme Eat Out to Help Out. (We didn’t need convincing to visit the pub Rishi, but cheers! 🍻) 

Rishi Sunak visiting Wagamama after the statement of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme

The Chancellor confirmed that diners will receive a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per head, when dining on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the month of August, under the new ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme.

Whilst people have called the new scheme “Groupon Government”, Rishi Sunak said, “1.8 million people work in this industry. They need our support and with this measure we can all eat out to help out.”

Rishi Sunak talking about Eat. Out to Help Out scheme in Summer Statement

Here’s everything you need to know about the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. 👇

How do businesses get involved?

All businesses need to do is register through a simple website, which will be open next Monday. Then each week in August, businesses can claim the money back with the funds in their bank account within five working days.

You can find out how to register your restaurant or establishment for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme here.

How much discount can I get?

Eat Out to Help Out will offer every diner a 50% discount on their meal, with a maximum of up to £10 per head at any participating restaurant, café or pub.

This means that two £20 meals will save diners a total of £20, whereas one single £30 meal will save just £10.

How do I claim these vouchers?

There are no physical vouchers to claim and you don’t actually need to do anything to sign-up! All you need to do is just dine out at a participating venue on the relevant days, to redeem the saving.

What’s included in the discount?

Food and non-alcoholic beverages are included only. Alcoholic drinks will be excluded.

Is there a limit to how many times I can use the Eat Out to Help Out discount?

The good news is, no! As long as you dine at a participating venue between Monday and Wednesday, you can claim the discount as many times as you want throughout the month of August 2020.

Good news for those of us who are sick of cooking every day! (Me.)

Will businesses get their money back?

Participating establishments will be fully reimbursed for the 50% discount and will be able to apply for the cash via a soon-to-launch online portal. The funds will then land in their bank account within five working days.

How do I find out which venues will be participating in Eat Out to Help Out?

Officials say there will eventually be a database where people can look up participating restaurants, cafés or pubs.

Whilst we think the new scheme sounds brilliant, not everyone has the same opinion!

There’s also floods of people taking to social media to comment on the name, but we’ll leave that to your imagination… 

To view more of our interesting, funny or local articles and latest news – click here.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We ethically empower content creators to connect with communities and bring joy through relatable content. We are an eco-system where creativity and positivity thrives.